Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Riley Lincoln Dart!


My little brudder is 14 today! He is growing up so fast. Watch out all you girls at the vernal stake dances, a true heartbreaker just entered the scene!
Some of my favorite things about Riley are:
He always has a positive attitude.
He is super chill.
He doesn't mind that I tease him a lot.
He loves animals and always has since he was very little.
He knows an amazing amount of information concerning dinasours and other creatures of the wild.
He wants to be a falconeer (yes that is someone that has a large leather glove and trains birds of prey)
He wanted us to help him dig a big hole in the yard to house his shark for his zoo when he was little.
He loves our dog Chance, also known as Dog, more than anyone else.
He has an athletes metabolism (inside joke).
He shot a badger awhile back from point blank range after my dad dug it out with is back hoe. For those of you who aren't familiar with shooting this is hard to do with a long gun because you have to line it up quickly. (You might think that because he shot the badger that he doesn't love animals. This is not true. We have to kill badgers because they ruin farm ground.)
He was the cutest baby in the whole world.
The cutest baby in the whole world didn't crawl. He scooted around by sitting on his bum and bending one leg in and then pushing off with an arm and his other leg. This way he could get around and still hold things in one hand. He was quite fast and drew a lot of attention.
He keeps my parents busy.
He doesn't demand a lot of attention and is very low maintenance.
He tans much easier than me.
He lets me boss him around like a big sister should do.
He always tries to do the right thing in whatever he does.
His life made a big impact on me at an impressionable age.
He is the best little brother anyone could ask for!

I love you Riley. Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

ali said...

Loved reading this, especially the bits about falconeering and point-blank range.

Happy Birthday, Riley! You still look a bit like Harry Potter, only an older, more distinguished Harry Potter.

Shelby said...

Okay, this killed me! Especially knowing that I was there to witness the quote about an athlete's metabolism. He is such a character and a crack up! Happy Birthday Riley!

Oh and on a side note...I was at the Trolley Square Banana on Friday and bought some tights. An asian girl checked me out and looked at the s/m size, looked at me and said, "Don't you want a medium/large?" Boy was I bugged! I wanted to give her my stats to show her I fall nicely into the size range of s/m on the packaging of the tights but I just said, "No, thank you." I knew you would know who she was and thought you might get a kick out of that story. Wish you would've been in there (but it was during the day so I knew I was out of luck).

It was fun to see you in Vernal and next time we'll have to play a game or do something fun.

Unknown said...

I like this a lot. What a nice tribute. he seems like a rad kid.

Ramanda said...

Hey it's Ramanda. I happened upon your blog and was shocked to see that Riley is Fourteen! Seriously, when did this happen?! There are a few things that I appreciate about Riley like his honesty. One day as he was riding his bike by my house and I was noticably pregnant, he says "Sis. Nash you are REALLY pregnant! When are you going to have that baby?" I also enjoyed random phone calls and knew of others in the ward that got calls from him when he was little. Gotta love Riley and the Darts! Great blog! Hope you don't mind me reading it.

Anonymous said...

Good post.