Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Starting to miss my husband


Right now Brent is in his surgical rotation which is probably the most time intensive rotation yet. I don't like to complain about Brent being in med school because we are through a big chunk and things won't be bad for much longer. Plus, Brent is the one that is probably exhausted with his work schedule being so long.
But I am starting to miss seeing him. Here is an example of the current week:
Monday he gets up at 4am and gives me a kiss before he leaves. I get up later at 7 and go to work for the day. When I return home after 5 he isn't home yet. I have to work at Banana at 8 so I think that I will probably get to see him for a couple of hours. He comes home a little after six and we eat supper. He promptly wants to cuddle on the couch (his word for laying on top of me and cutting off all oxygen supply). He falls asleep on me at seven and is totally out and deservingly so, he just spent 14 hours on his feet. I slip out from underneath him and go to work until midnight. When I return home his is still out and wakes four hours later to leave on Tuesday.
Tuesdays I have school so I leave straight from work to head to class that is from 6 to 10. When I get home Brent is again asleep and probably has been asleep for some time. I snuggle up to him and give him a kiss goodnight.
Wednesday. Brent gets up at 5 this morning and leaves for the hospital. I head to work. He has to stay at the hospital all night tonight so I guess that it is good that I have to work at Banana again tonight. Tomorrow I look forward to having the evening off to be with Brent. He will get home tomorrow afternoon which is nice but he will be sleep deprived from staying up most of the night, and will likely sleep a majority of the evening.
Total time spent together awake in four days: One hour.
It will get better. Three more weeks and he is on to Pediatrics which shouldn't be quite as demanding.

6 comments:

ferardandy said...

that is maybe the worst thing i've ever heard. you are a saint. ok both of you.

Tiffany said...

I found your blog from your comment on mine, I hope it's ok if I add your link to mine. :) Your outdoor pix are amazing! I SO miss Utah! So sad you don't see Brent more. I love seeing your pictures. Good to see you're doing well!

Ryan said...

I miss Brent too. Imagine not seeing him in months and then maybe you'll understand my pain. Brent, I wish I could quit you.

allison said...

man, I feel for you. I would miss him too! I miss him for you. okay, I'll stop.

Anonymous said...

At least he lays on you. I miss him as well but I don't get the chance to have him lay on me.

ali said...

Holy crap. You put me to shame.