Thursday, March 29, 2007

How you know you're made for each other......


The other day Brent's mom gave us a lifesaver story book that she didn't want. (You remember those things that you got as a kid at the white elephant exchange when you really wanted the giant hershey's kiss instead).
Anyway, last night as we were watching tv Brent opens it up and throws me the two packs of Butter Rum flavored lifesavers. Now some would see that he was throwing me the less desirable flavor of the story book. Not true. Little did Brent know that Butter Rum happens to be my favorite lifesavers flavor. My grandmother used to give them to us when we were kids and I have always been fond of them ever since. I even prefer them to any other. Luckily, Brent felt the exact opposite about my beloved Butter Rum.
All I could do is look over at Brent and say, "Honey, we were made for each other."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm left wondering if the other day was december, if not it makes the story even better because you two would be the first people I've ever met who can say they have been given a distinctly Christmas gift in March. That is far better than being given a gift in July (those people think they are doing something clever, but in picking the moth that is opposite December they have simply done the predictable). The provider of your Life Savors was much, much smarter, assuming they gave them to you in march.

Bridgett said...

I think it was actually a Valentines story book. So she is only a month late. Sorry to disappoint.

Anonymous said...

You two are so funny.

allison said...

Bridgett, I happen to love the butter rum flavor as well! I never got those books for Christmas and was always jealous when my friends did...

ali said...

Butter Rum is number one!!!

Bridget, I think that we were also MFEO, in a totally different kind of way.

Dede said...

I really like that story Bridgett.