Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twilighted


Maybe it was because I went with girlfriends...maybe because it was my first night going anywhere without the baby...or maybe it was because I haven't had enough sleep for several nights in a row, but I really loved the movie Twilight. Most likely it was because I didn't drag my husband there and therefore didn't have to constantly look over at him as he took notes at all the cheesy lines with which he would rehearse to me afterward.

Sure the movie was cheesy and over the top, but so was the book, and they actually pulled it off much better than I expected. I loved the music, the look, the casting. I even loved Edward with his cherry chapstick lips and all. He did an amazing job of playing a part that is pretty much impossible to personify successfully.

The only person I wasn't pleased with was Victoria, even though her part was small in the film there is one short scene where she ruins it for me. I won't say what it was because I don't want to make those who haven't seen it notice it.

Everyone go and see this movie and tell me if you laughed at Jasper's face as much as I did. I just might have to go and see it again just for that reason (totally not to pretend that I am Bella).

7 comments:

Debra said...

Thats hilarious! I couldn't stop lauphing at him either, I can't figure out what he was going for. And ya, I thought it was really good too, Edward grew on me through out the show, and I liked Bella a lot more than I thought I would. Glad you got a night out. We need to have you up sometime now that we're in the house. Does Brent ever have a non-busy night?

Lacey Jane said...

You WERE twilighted! I saw it the minute you first looked into Edward's eyes...

Since you were such a big fan of the books, it was an honor to go with you, uh-hum, Bella.

Kim said...

My favorite part was sitting next to you listening to you giggle through the whole thing. Edward's hot.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, I was delightfully in love with Edward and he's technically not even that good looking. But all the sexual tension got to me. The way he stares at Bella did it for me. I always tell Dave that he should learn to watch movies like that with me because then I want to jump his bones. Is that too much information for a comment??? Oh well. I want to see it again too. But my casting disappointment was with Rosalee. She's not pretty enough.

Jesse C said...

I had the privilege of baby sitting Abby Saturday night while Natalie went with her sister and mom to see it for the SECOND time. So, yes I hate it without ever having watched it.

Unknown said...

jaspers face was the highlight of the movie for sure! I went again with my sisters and I laughed even harder at it. so funny

Anonymous said...

Some of the content is very worthy of my drawing, I like your information!